It’s a known fact that we should eat healthy and clean to lead a healthy and disease free life. Fried and Junk food is not good for our stomach and skin still many people are eating them!! WHY??
Because they lack awareness and control. They don’t even realise how much is this harming them. We all know eating pizza, chips, chocolates, pastries will make you fat, however this information is not enough. Awareness without right information is like riding a bike with the helmet on the side. You have the right equipment but it’s not in the right place.
We need to become aware of what we are eating and why.
To develop awareness, you need to start observing what you are doing. The easiest way to start a healthy lifestyle is by keeping food Journal.
5 facts you must include in your Food Journal (Begginer’s) -:
1. Timings of your Meal.
2. Portions of your Meal.
3. Every thing you eat in a day.
4. Every thing you drink in a day.
5. Calorie intake in your food and drink.
Let’s understand why keeping food journal is important to reach your fitness goals
BENIFITS of maintaining a Food Journal.
1. You become aware of how many calories you intake in a day.
2. When we write, you subconsciously realise the habits you need to change.
3. It helps you understand your eating habits and make conscious effort to change your habits.
4. According to a reasearch, most of the time we eat cause we are bored. Keeping a food journal will make you aware of the same problem.
5. Even fruits and clean food has calories, when you keep a journal you will be able to keep track of your calorie intake.
6. Keeping a track of your calorie intake also eventually helps you reach your fitness goals.
7. Makes you aware about how a food item made you feel after eating. Did it bloat you or any other aftereffects and accordingly you can include or exclude from your Diet.
Yes it’s a fact: Everybody knows that they should be avoiding sweets and fried stuff. Then how come so many people are still eating them? It’s simple: they lack complete awareness about what they are stuffing their mouths with.
I have attached a food journal format for you to download and use it. So let’s start enjoying the journey of fitness and reach our health goals.
“The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will instruct his patients in care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.”Thomas Edison