Depression a physical physiological disorder but we don’t know enough about the brain to be precise. That’s why psychology and cognitive science exist because we can’t precisely fix depression so we have to abstract to higher-order concepts. Neuroscience exists, but we are still making headway.
Depression makes it harder to give. It’s hard to think of other people when you’re wrapped in a prickly blanket of sadness, and all you can think about is your pain. First step towards Healing is to understand that you need help and its okay to confide in people you trust. Try reading self help books, it may help you understand what you are going through and how can you deal with it. Instead of surpressing your feelings, deal with them.
No one knows exactly what causes depression, but it can occur for a variety of reasons. The cause is complex and likely a combination of biological, psychological, and environmental factors. What we do know is that it is not a character flaw or caused by personal weakness.
Did you know – Even Abraham Lincoln suffered from chronic depression.
Facts about depression
- Depression is a mental disorder that affects how you feel, the way you think and how you act. And it can strike anyone.
- A person with depression will not look into your eye.
- Boredom causes the mind to over think. People are less depressed when kept busy.
- Self-harm and suicidal thoughts are signs of deep trouble during depression. It must be dealt with immediately and needs immediate attention. People who self-harmed themselves twice will do it again. It must be dealt immediately. Self harm is a cry for help in itself.
- Depression symptoms can be physical as well as mental.
- Experiencing depression can cause people to withdraw from others in their lives such as their family, friends, or partners. Many people who have depression have a hard time in school or work. They miss assignments, can’t concentrate on their work, or feel overwhelmed by activities. This can lead to missing school or work.
- Friends are also an important part of depression recovery. we are social animals and we tend to secrete serotonin and other good neurochemicals when we communicate with others. we feel safe in the company of others. Serotonin is found to be at low levels of depression that causes mood swings .
A book that changed my life when I was dealing with difficult time and depression was “POWER”. It taught me to be grateful in life. It taught me how powerful our thinking can be and how law of attraction works. Law of Attraction is the belief that positive or negative thoughts bring positive or negative experiences into a person’s life. We attract what we think. Hence, we need to start thinking positively about everything in life.
Kent M. Keith
People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
Love them anyway.
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.
The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.
Think big anyway.
People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.
Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Help people anyway.
Give the world the best you have and you’ll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway.