A touch of sweetness from the dates and raisins paired with crunch and nuttiness from the pistachios make these bites perfect for an on-the-go snack or as an accompaniment on a cheese board.
- Heart Healthy
- Low Carbohydrate
- Low Fat
- Diabetes Appropriate
- Egg Free
- Low Sodium
- Low Added Sugars
- 2 cups pitted whole dates
- 1 cup raw unsalted shelled pistachios
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Combine dates, pistachios, raisins, fennel and pepper in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. .
- Form into about 32 balls, using about 1 tablespoon each.
Tips to store:
To make ahead: Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 hours.
Serving Size: 1 bitePer Serving: 68 calories; protein 1.1g; carbohydrates 13.4g; dietary fiber 1.4g; sugars 10.7g; fat 1.8g; saturated fat 0.2g; vitamin a iu 37.5IU; vitamin c 0.4mg; folate 3.8mcg; calcium 14.7mg; iron 0.3mg; magnesium 12.6mg; potassium 154.4mg; sodium 0.8mg
Source: EatingWell Magazine