It is now known that fruits and vegetables are healthy. But why actually?
The 10 most important advantages at a glance.
1. Many people suffer from weight problems because they eat to much If you like to eat a lot, choose fruits and vegetables. They are low in calories and high in fiber and make you feel full quickly. Those who eat a lot of fruit and vegetables get slimmer without being hungry.
2. High meat production is a major cause of greenhouse gases. By reducing consumption and giving fruit and vegetables a more important place on your plate, you also do something for the environment. Vegetables and fruit, especially local and seasonal, fit perfectly in a sustainable diet.
3. In the spring, many people feel itching to detoxify the body, in parallel with the big housecleaning. Manufacturers of detox products then do golden business, when those things are completely useless. The best way to detox is to give your body the pleasure of a healthy diet with lots of fruits and vegetables.
4. Those who eat a lot of fruit and vegetables feel better about themselves and are happier . People who eat fast food experience the opposite . The antidepressant diet, launched last year by a French psychiatrist, is nothing more than a healthy diet with lots of fruits and vegetables. And now and then a piece of chocolate.
5 .People are taking cholesterol lowering medicine. After all, too high cholesterol increases the risk of cardiovascular disease, still the number one cause of death. You can also try to control your cholesterol with healthy eating habits, primarily with fruits and vegetables.
6. Studies have shown that many fruits and vegetables on the menu can lower high blood pressure. High blood pressure is an important risk factor for myocardial infarction and stroke.
7. People who are used to eating large servings of fruits and vegetables every day have less risk of a variety of cancers , including colon cancer and even breast cancer.
8. Type 2 diabetes is one of the great diseases of our time. Those who eat a lot of fruit and vegetables can escape it. This is confirmed by numerous scientific studies.
9. According to a recent study, people who eat healthily stay mentally sharp for longer . An American study added a little extra: those who eat a lot of fruit and vegetables, in addition to a lot of fish, nuts and berries, and little red meat, sweets and salt, develop less Alzheimer’s dementia.
10. You can make the tastiest dishes and smoothies with fruits and vegetables. There is plenty of choice
“I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”—Michael Jordan