Studies have highlighted the fact that just one night of bad sleep can slow down metabolism the next day, reducing the energy expenditure by 20 per cent. Sleep deprivation can lead to not only weight gain but also some serious health issues.
Reasons why poor sleep can cause weight gain :-
- Sleeping less than eight hours can increase stress levels and the hormone cortisol.
- A spike in cortisol levels can negatively affect the microbes in your gut.
- A disbalance in the microbe levels ultimately slows down the metabolism.
- Loss of sleep can also disrupt the hunger hormones, making you more likely to eat junk food.
- This leads to a spike in blood sugar, which can lead to weight gain and other complications.
Other health issues that is invited when you sleep as are :
- Lack of Sleep Kills Sex Drive
- Sleepiness Is Depressing
- Causes Mood Swings
- Lack of Sleep Ages Your Skin
- Sleepiness Makes You Forgetful
To know 1 Simple trick to fall in sleep faster, click here ➡️ #1 Sleeping technique that actually works
Tips to keep burning calories through the night while you sleep:
- Take cold shower : Taking a bath from ice water flushes out lactic acid after the gym. Brown fat is metabolically active and helps burn calories, but we have less brown fat. A 30-second freeze is all it takes to activate your body’s brown adipose tissue or brown fat. When fired up, it melts as much as an extra 400 calories in bed. Brown fat is stored in the back of your neck and shoulders.
- Green tea : The flavonoids in green tea can boost your metabolism. Having three cups of green tea can help you burn 3.5 per cent more calories when you sleep.
- Bedtime yoga : Bedtime yoga is beneficial for people who have numerous sleeping concerns. Whether you’re looking for deeper sleep or more of it, practicing yoga before bed may be exactly what you need. Do these relaxing poses to loosen up muscle tension, relax, and unwind.
To learn the importance of sleep for your body click ➡️ Sleep – A brain food
To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life