Change the way you look at things and the things you look at will CHANGE
What Is Ego?
If you will google “What Is Ego” you will get zillions of definitions of it. According to Oxford EGO is “your sense of your own value and importance”.
But no Google will ever tell you if you are feeding your EGO or your EGO is feeding you. Some people might say that attention, fortune, status, and success are the culprits of EGO BOOST. However, it is your mindset and the way you perceive things are the REAL CULPRITS. You may be a billionaire, but if you STAY HUMBLE, STOP BEING MATERIALISTIC AND TREAT EVERYONE THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED, your EGO will die one day.
How to Stop Feeding Your Ego and Start Loving Yourself !!
- Stop comparing yourself to others. Comparing yourself to others is a no win situation.
- Don’t judge yourself based on the norm. For example: When someone says, “You should be married with kids by now. You take it personally and get offended (Stop getting offended).
- Don’t look for other people’s validation.
- Either live life the way you want or how other want. You can’t ride on two boats at the same time.
We can do amazing things when we re-engineer our thoughts, intentions and purpose. I was one of those people who used to get hurt and get angry easily. After years of life experiences and knowledge I have understood the importance of self growth. Every human emotion has an underlying reason and to deal with the emotion, it’s important to understand the reason behind it. Understanding the reason behind your emotions, involves a lot of introspection. It involves time, effort and the zeal to put oneself under a microscopic view. In my experience a lot of our abrupt emotional reactions are a result of OUR EGO.
I read this book. ” POWER OF INTENTIONS” recently by WAYNE DYER. In the book Dyer examines Seven Steps for Overcoming Ego’s. After reading it, I did some self introspection, surprisingly those seven points were bang on correct.
- Stop being offended.
- Let go of your need to win.
- Let go of your need to be right.
- Let go of your need to be superior.
- Let go of your need to have more.
- Let go of identifying yourself on the basis of your achievements.
- Let go of your reputation.
When you’re connected to the power of intention, everywhere you go, and everyone you meet, is affected by you and the energy you radiate. As you become the power of intention, you’ll see your dreams being fulfilled almost magically, and you’ll see yourself creating huge ripples in the energy fields of others by your presence and nothing more.