Once, it so happened that Lord Krishna was getting dressed in front of the mirror.
He was trying on different crowns on his head and putting on some fine jewelry while his charioteer waited outside with the chariot ready.
His charioteer waited for sometime and thought of the reason that was talking so long for Lord Krishna to come.
So, out of curiosity, he went inside to find out if everything was okay, because Krishna was unpredictable, anything could change at last minute.
So, the charioteer went inside and he saw Lord Krishna standing in front of the mirror admiring himself.
He politely asked, “My dear Lord, tell me, why are you dressing up so much today. Where are we going?”
Lord Krishna said, “I am going to meet Duryodhana.”
The charioteer said, “You are dressing up to meet Duryodhana?”
Lord Krishna then said, “He cannot see my inside, he can only appreciate my outside. So how I am dressed will impress him because he cannot see what is inside.”
Then the charioteer asked, “ Why are you going to Duryodhana? You should not go, he should come to you. This I cannot accept.”
He also added, “This is not fair. Look at your status and look at him! You are the Lord of the world. You should not go, let him come.”
Krishna looked at him, smiled and said, “Darkness does not come to light, light has to go to darkness.”
Related Posts : Important Life lessons from Bhagwat Gītā
Similarly, there are a few Spiritual Lamps Inside Us.
- Light the first lamp inside you and let it burn your ANGER and JEALOUSY that you may have for any till date; see it melt away.
- Light the second lamp and let it burn away UNWANTED GREED AND DESIRES, feel happy and contented with what you have been blessed with.
- Light the third lamp and let it fade away all INSECURITIES that you may have in your mind related to any matters; just have faith that God has given you life and he will surely give you enough to survive.
- Light the fourth lamp and carry that lamp to each part of your body; let it burn away ANY DISEASE in making (which is also called placebo effect) Feel healthy as this lamp travels to each body part and illuminates each organ.
- The fifth lamp is a miniature of the Sun, nothing but the divine light, let it fill the COMPASSION AND LOVE inside your whole body, feel one with the Divine, let the love and warmth filled inside you ooze out of you through your smile, eyes, speech, and body.
- Carry this love with you through out the day, you will find that everyone who meets you is happy and elated.
This is the biggest blessing that whoever meets you becomes happier after meeting you, this will also make you happier in return. “There are lights everywhere except in the minds of the men.” The mind is a jungle of cravings, greed and material desires.