In spite of struggling with “failure” throughout his entire working life, Edison never let it get the best of him. All of these “failures,” which are reported to be in the tens of thousands, simply showed him how not to invent something. His resilience gave the world some of the most amazing inventions of the early 20th century, such as the phonograph, the telegraph, and the motion picture.
It’s okay to take a step back, analyse goals, plan your next move, prepare for failure and then start with a positive attitude. This is a golden opportunity to learn from your past experience, write down the road map for your further action, analyse the areas of opportunities
When you take this step back it’s the best time to breath and look at your actions with a fresh mindset.
Our mind is our biggest resource and also worst enemy. It lead us live in a comfort environment, alarms us in time of danger and freaks out in the time of risk. Hence, a people psychology researcher has concluded that we all need to take invest time to understand our mindset and eliminate the hindrances that pull you back. These hindrances could be different for different people, for example :
- If you say, “I’m not a gym person” then that belief acts as an easy excuse to avoid exercising. You can change this and replace it with: I will constantly work towards my better health.
- If you won’t take risks, follow a set pattern or routine you won’t fail. You can change this and replace it with: I only fail when I stop trying.
- That’s just who I am. I can’t change it. If you are trapped in this mindset change it immediately. Replace the above mindset with : I’m a constantly evolving work in progress.
These are just few examples, there are many more which you need to find out by doing some introspection.
You are not a machine that cannot change. You are a human, earth’s most blessed, intelligent, and resourceful creature. These mindset hindrances prevents you from failing in the short–run, but in the long–run it hinders your ability to learn, grow, and develop new skills.
What is fixed mindset?
In a fixed mindset we tend to believe our basic abilities, passion, strengths, intelligence, weaknesses, talents, are just fixed traits. It cannot be changed or we don’t work on polishing our skills and expect results.
Fixed mindset is the most common and the most harmful, so it’s worth understanding and considering how it’s affecting you. For example: In a fixed mindset, you believe “She’s a natural born singer” or “I’m just no good at dancing.” In a growth mindset, you believe “Anyone can be good at anything.
Now let’s take a quick peek at some of the disadvantages that come with a fixed mindset:
- Sadness, and a broad range of negative feelings.
- Even if by avoiding something now you avoid short-term pain, your long-term condition will be quite the opposite.
What is Single Mindset?
Living life with a single mindset means you create space to work on yourself, find your path, seek your dreams, and to become a confident, empowered and self-actualized woman. If you are already in a relationship, apply the single mindset to keep your priorities clear. Few qualities of single mindset :
- You’re not controlling
- You don’t mind a little space
- You have a ‘nothing to lose’ attitude
- You’re willing to try new things
- You have little to no expectations
- You’re not needy
- You don’t rush things
At times, we are so engrossed in every day hustle, that we start looking at things with fixed mind. No matter WHY, you have taken this step back, wheather it is for your relationships or studies or business we tend to make the same mistake, that is being in a fixed mindset. P.S. if you have not taken a step back yet thing are not track you must think about taking a step back to revalue and then run your race with a changed perspective.
Research shows that mindsets play a significant role in determining life’s outcomes. By understanding, adapting and shifting your mindset, you can improve your health, decrease your stress and become more resilient to life’s challenges.