What are the symptoms of the common cold and sore throat?
Cold symptom :
- Stuffy, runny nose
- Scratchy, tickly throat
- Watering eyes
- Low-grade fever
- Sore throat
- Mild hacking
- Achy muscles and bones
- Mild fatigue
- Watery discharge from nose that thickens and turns yellow or green
Sore Throat symptoms :
- Pain or a scratchy sensation in the throat.
- Pain that worsens with swallowing or talking.
- Difficulty swallowing.
- Sore, swollen glands in your neck or jaw.
- Swollen, red tonsils.
- White patches or pus on your tonsils.
- A hoarse or muffled voice.
What causes cold and sore throat?
Infections from viruses or allergies are the most common cause of sore throat and cold. Strep throat is an infection in the throat and tonsils caused by bacteria called group A Streptococcus (also called Streptococcus pyogenes).Although many types of viruses can cause a common cold, rhinoviruses are the most common cause. A cold virus enters your body through your mouth, eyes or nose. The virus can spread through droplets in the air when someone who is sick coughs, sneezes or talks.
How do I stop getting cold?
You can help reduce your risk of getting a cold: wash your hands often, avoid close contact with sick people, and don’t touch your face with unwashed hands. Common colds are the main reason that children miss school and adults miss work. Each year in the United States, there are millions of cases of the common cold.
How to cure them naturally?
- Tulsi is known as “Mother Medicine of Nature” and “The Queen of Herbs”, Try Tulsi tea to fight cold.
- Mulethi or Licorice, also known as “Sweet wood”, is an effective Ayurvedic herb for cough.
- Try honey, black pepper, ginger juice with warm water. It’s effective cure for cold and sore throat.
- Stay hydrated. Water, juice, clear broth or warm lemon water with honey helps loosen congestion and prevents dehydration.
- Ashwagandha is considered to be one of the most potent herbs in Ayurveda; like a superfood. It can fight bugs and germs and heal infections. It is also helpful in fighting cold.
- Gargle with warm salt water. It will moisten your throat and may provide temporary relief.
- Turmeric is an excellent medicine for centuries to treat colds and infections. Studies have shown that curcumin, a compound in turmeric, is a is a powerful antioxidant with an incredible immune system boosting potential. It contains antiviral properties and can help reduce symptoms by slowing histamine release in the body.
- Drink turmeric with honey and milk.
- Drink ginger tea to cure sore throat.
- Rest. Your body needs rest to heal.