We all think weight loss is simple. All we need to do is eat less and move more. But it may involve far more than just pushing away your plate or spending more time at the gym. Our slower metabolism may slower our weight loss process even more.
Sometimes it takes a lot more just Diet and workout. Our body gets habitual of the same type of food and routine we follow. This is the time we need to break the rules, shock our body and mind.
In my weight loss journey I have hit weight loss plateau a few times. Below are few tips you can use to speed up the process:
1. Get more high-quality sleep to better regulate hunger hormones, improve recovery, and increase metabolic output.
2. Try stress resilience techniques like meditation, deep breathing, and spending time in nature.
3. Increase your daily non-exercise movement by parking the car a few blocks away from your destination, taking the stairs, and/or standing while you work.
4. Change your workout routine try including some high intensity workouts, in order to aid recovery and reduce systemic stress.
5. Improve the quality of what you’re eating, as opposed to reducing the quantity. This can allow you to eat more food with fewer total calories
6. Experiment with the frequency and timing of your meals and snacks, based on personal preferences and appetite cues. If you are taking 3 meals per day try eating 4-5 times a day.
7. Do not eat more in one go. Eat in small portions. Snack more on Apple, almonds, peanuts or salads.
8. Junk food cravings last for no more than 10 minutes It’s a If you can control them for minutes, you can easily avoid unhealthy junk and sweets.
9. Do not skip breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, skipping it slows your metabolism. Studies show those who don’t eat breakfast, or eat it only sometimes, are twice as likely to be overweight as those who eat two breakfasts.
10. Make sure to include salads in your meals. Fibre not only helps you with the digestion but also offers you quantity in your meals.