We all think weight loss is simple. All we need to do is eat less and move more. But it may involve far more than just pushing away your plate or spending more time at the gym. Our slower metabolism may slower our weight loss process even more.
Sometimes it takes a lot more just diet and exercise. Our body gets habitual of the same type of food and routine we follow. This is the time we need to break the rules, shock our body and mind.
In my weight loss journey i have hit weight loss plateau a few times. Below are few ways you can use to speed up the process:
1. Get more high-quality sleep to better regulate hunger hormones, improve recovery, and increase metabolic output.
2. Try stress resilience techniques like meditation, deep breathing, and spending time in nature.
3. Increase your daily non-exercise movement by parking the car a few blocks away from your destination, taking the stairs, and/or standing while you work.
4. Change your workout routine try including some high intensity workouts, in order to aid recovery and reduce systemic stress.
5. Improve the quality of what you’re eating, as opposed to reducing the quantity. This can allow you to eat more food with fewer total calories
6. Experiment with the frequency and timing of your meals and snacks, based on personal preferences and appetite cues. If you are taking 3 meals per day try eating 4-5 times a day.
7. Do not eat more in one go. Eat in small portions. Snack more on Apple, almonds, peanuts or salads.
8. Last and the most important do not take stress. Stress may harm for our body more than you can imagine.
Consult with your physician or specialists if consistent lifestyle changes aren’t still helping with the weight loss. Sometimes the solutions are obvious; sometimes they aren’t.
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do – Rob Siltanen.